Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ambika Bikini




I shot these for my friend Ambika, she designs a friendly fur collection. "The furs are 100% cruelty free and 100% sustainable.. I raise the angora rabbits myself. I shear them (give them a haircut), then spin the fiber into yarn, then crochet it into garments. It is 800% warmer than sheep's wool.
The bikinis are made from 98% cotton and 2% elastic. I am in the process of getting the company to supply me with an organic cotton yarn and will then be dying them with natural, plant derived dyes. My goal it to have everything I make be completely sustainable. All items are hand crocheted by women at home here in NY" Ambika.
We recently shot a few of her bikinis and fur pieces for her website and lookbook. I love to help my friends. That's what it's all about. Check her out and support

No comments:

Post a Comment