Friday, August 3, 2007

latest edition to the family


NEWEST EDITION TO THE FAMILY !!

"IGGY" the 14 week old Brussels Griffon from Florida.. Iggy survived a short flight up from Miami in first class..SPOILED already.
I must make a note.. I am not a little dog fan at ALL !! I love big dogs! But what can I do .. the fiance wanted a dog, I am gone all the time and after saying no to a little dog for almost a year now. I broke down and said yes. humm. This started a search for a Brussels Griffon .. what is that? It's the dog from the movie "As Good As It Gets" starring Jack Nicholson.
To make a long story longer.. Shopping for a dog with a woman is a bit crazy... all the demands you would expect plus many many more. One thing leads to another and bam I am hooked on this breed.. The next thing I know.. I want one too. I think it would be so badass to bring a little scrapper to my shoots... I am 6'3 and my pooch would be 5 inches... Jeff and Big..
Can't wait for a new contributor page photo. Imagine Big standing 'Tall' and me and my crazy style. Black and white shot low..
GREAT pic ! back to the story.. Big arrives next week from Salt lake City. I got suckered into flying to SLC and back in the same day (leave 5am-back in nyc at midnight) to pick up "BIG" .. more on her later. Now the only thing I worry about is not stepping on Iggy.. She is 2.1 lbs and 7 inches tall.. desperately waiting for the "Dog Whisperer" to train the little beast. haha she rocks my world.
PSSSSSSS..... Iggy was purchased at this place outside of Miami where over 39 celebrities have found there poochies, like OZZY Osbourne and all the others who caved in when the wife said "I want a little dog". Anyways check them out!!! http://puppiesforsalebynet.com/

1 comment:

  1. First of all.. adorable puppy! I LOVE brussels.. they are too much.

    I stumbled upon your blog and was pleasantly surprised because I have seen your work. I actually have the issue of Picture that your article is in. Congrats on everything, by the way. :)

    So, I was going to create a link to your blog and I noticed the blog and link to the puppy breeder where you got your baby from, and it has been giving me this icky feeling and I could not go without saying something.

    I'm not sure how familiar you are with puppy mills, but here is an address for some great information from the Humane Society --> www.hsus.org/ace/11797

    I feel that instead of linking to a breeder that is so obviously focused on the money aspect of the dogs (turning them into products and charging insane amounts for them) that instead you could use that space to link to a rescue site, such as the Humane Society. There are so many amazing, loving animals that are just waiting for new homes already (without the hefty cost or medical problems cause by over/inbreeding)!

    Unfortunately, the facts on puppy mills still need to be brought into the public's eye in a much larger way, but the good news is that you now have the opportunity to do so!

    Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, and I hope you understand this is coming from a loving place!

    Take care, and I wish you and Iggy all the best.

    xoxo
    van

    ReplyDelete